Mar 7, 2010

Auditions


Malaysia is a boiling pot of talent. Muscial talent to be specific. Its a wonder why we are still so way far behind the others in terms of muscial achievements.

Yesterday the band and I auditioned for a Sunway College event. Everything was pretty last minute, from the jamming session to the audition times. Got really pissed off waiting with the other hopeful auditionees in the lecture theatres that we went straight to the MPH to check out our competition.

Boy. What a way to smash our self-esteem.

The dudes were incredible. Very tight bands, very cohesive and organized, and mostly spearheaded by really good frontmen. Some singer/songwriters performed solo acts bearing a classic Mraz-like vibe. Some bands improvised mainstream music such as Kesha's Tik Tok into awesome rock melodies. There were also dance troupes, lock, pop, break, you name it. Salute. Brilliant array of talent.

Though there were others who didn't fare well. I remembered of a guitarist who struggled with the solo of the Orianthi song, According to You. Really embarrassing stuff. I almost felt bad for him, until I remembered he was our competition.

We performed Cake's take on I Will Survive, the Gloria Gaynor classic. Everything was okay until we lost the guitar tuner. And whilst onstage, our lead had his guitar strap snap. Though, performance-wise, what we did was suffice. At least, I hope.

Results be out on the 11th. Till then, assignments will keep me in zombie mode long enough.

Pic of ze week.

Submitted this photo I took of my friend and his lady snogging to a competition, themed "love". I got a feeling I could win.

O RLY?????!

No comments:

Post a Comment